Nominations are Open for 2019 EQUALS in Tech Awards
Deadline: 11 June 2019
The EQUALS Global Partnership has announced that nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 EQUALS in Tech Awards.
Each year, groundbreaking initiatives from around the world are invited to submit nominations for their work to bridge the gender digital divide.
The 2019 EQUALS in Tech Award ceremony will take place in November in Berlin as a side event at the Internet Governance Forum.
The annual EQUALS in Tech Awards are organized and presented by the EQUALS Global Partnership – a network of 90+ organizations, companies, UN agencies and research institutions – whose founding partners include the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), UN Women, International Trade Centre, GSMA, and United Nations University.
Together, the partnership works to bring the benefits of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to women and girls, and to help women succeed in the tech sector.
Organizations and individuals can nominate their own initiatives or those of others for an award in one of the following categories:
- Access: Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
- Skills: Initiatives that support development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
- Leadership (In two subcategories):
- Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Initiatives promoted by tech sector companies to bridge the digital gender divide
- Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields.
- The call for nominations is open to all individuals and organizations, regardless of their languages and nationalities, who wish to submit projects aimed at advancing gender equality using ICTs. However, respectfully request that applicant’s nomination form should be submitted in English.
- EQUALS Global Partnership is looking for innovative initiatives and projects promoting gender equality online and in the tech sector. Eligible initiatives and projects should:
- Reach girls and women in an impactful way;
- Have the potential to scale or be replicated once reconfigured/adapted to other contexts;
- Be innovative;
- Work in collaboration with partners.
How to Apply
Applicants can nominate their projects using the online form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.equals.org/single-post/2019/04/12/Nominations-now-open-for-2019-EQUALS-in-Tech-Awards